INFORMATION NOTE ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
PURSUANT TO ART. 12 OF EU REGULATION N. 2016/679
1) Identity and contact details of the data controller
The data controller is Buzzi, Notaro & Antonielli d'Oulx Srl, corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 6 - 10123 Turin (phone +39 011 839 29 11, fax +39 011 839 29 29, e-mail ).
2) Purpose of processing
Processing of personal data by Buzzi, Notaro & Antonielli d'Oulx S.r.l. (hereinafter B,N&A) is exclusively aimed at carrying out professional activities entrusted to the company in the area of intellectual and industrial property.
The activities are carried out under the coordination of professional representatives registered as members of the National Institute Of Industrial Property Representatives (Ordine nazionale dei consulenti in proprietà industriale) established pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 30/2005 (Industrial Property Code) and subject to the obligation of professional secrecy as per Art. 206 of the same Legislative Decree.
3) Legal basis of processing
Personal data are processed pursuant to Art. 6, paragraph 1, b of EU Regulation No. 2016/679 (GDPR) according to which processing of personal data is lawful in so far as this is necessary for the purpose of carrying out obligations under a contract to which the interested party is a party.
4) Recipients of personal data
The data referred to above may be communicated, in the context of carrying out the activities entrusted to B,N&A, in compliance with regulations in force, to national and international authorities such as the Italian Patent and Trademark Office (UIBM), the European Patent Office (EPO), the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), as well as Patent and Trademark Offices of foreign countries, both directly and through local representatives.
5) Period of retention of personal dataIn order to fully safeguard the rights of the parties concerned, regulations in force provide for data concerning owners of industrial property rights, inventors and authors designated to be recorded in official registers open to public inspection, also by electronic means, and maintained therein even after the expiration as well as the possible rejection and/or declaration of nullity of the applications and/or the corresponding titles of protection.
The data are recorded in official registers that are open to public inspection, also by electronic means, and maintained therein with no final deadlines for cancellation.
6) Rights of the interested party
Requests for access, rectification or cancellation, opposition to processing, limitation of processing or transfer of data to a third party may be addressed to the controller of the data.
Interested parties are otherwise informed that communicating the data referred to above is an essential and necessary condition for carrying out the activities entrusted to B,N&A and that opposition and - to a certain extent limitation - of processing may prejudice in an irreparable way filing of documents, possibly within peremptory deadlines, which may result in liability towards the beneficiaries of related rights of exploitation.
Processing of personal data carried out by B,N&A being necessary under penalty of nullity of the related deeds in execution of the activities entrusted - the data controller declines to the broadest extent any liabilities related to damages or grounds of non-compliance in any way related to: failure to timely communicate; requests for modification of; cancellation of; transfer of; opposition or limitation to processing of personal data.
The foregoing applies in particular (and without limitation) to:
- the obligation, under national and international regulations, to designate in documents relating to applications for registration of patents, models, designs, trademarks and copyrights the owners, inventors or authors (natural persons) of the protected works; this obligation may also exist in respect of documents submitted in the name of or on behalf of juridical persons beneficiary of the relative rights of exploitation by virtue of a transfer relationship;
- the need of contacting inventors and authors to submit such documents and attachments thereto (such as descriptions, claims, drawings of patent and model documents and declarations of protection of trademarks) to verify technical correctness and compliance thereof with the intent of protection of inventors and authors, both at the time of filing, and in prosecution and issuance of applications, both before administrative authorities and in judiciary defence of the related titles of protection.
The owner of personal data also has the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority if it is deemed that data communicated is treated incorrectly.
7) Guarantees to the interested party
The processing of personal data is carried out with the implementation of appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that data is processed in accordance with the Regulation.
The measures, proportionate to the type of data processed and the type of processing carried out, are aimed at ensuring that only data strictly necessary to the execution of the activities entrusted is processed with access limited only to data necessary to perform the activities entrusted.
The data controller detains an electronic record including, in addition to the name and contact data of the owner, the purpose of processing, a description of the interested persons and personal data, the categories of recipients to whom personal data is or will be communicated, comprising recipients in foreign countries or international organizations, a general description of technical and organizational security measures.